Welcome

Welcome to the Balsam Blog, home in the internet world of the Falkland Islands Protected Areas Project.

I'll be using this blog to let people know what I've been up to and to share bits of useful information I pick up along the way. My project is subtitled 'Co-operative management of biological diversity', so that means you. The project will need your knowledge, concerns and hopes for the future to drive it along, so do contribute.

Wednesday 24 October 2012

It's finished!




This is the last time I will talk about interpretation for a while, but I wanted to share the finished article.
The criteria for this leaflet were quite narrow:
  • it had to be small enough to fit into a child's pocket
  • it had to be sturdy enough not to blow away or crease up too badly
  • the text had to be readable by someone who's only 6
  • it didn't need to teach anything new; the children should already know about the animals and plants, and will have learnt about biosecurity and the countryside code. 
  • it had to give them something to do if teachers and helpers found their attention flagging
The trip to the island will take place in a couple of weeks time. I'll be looking forward to hearing how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment