Welcome

Welcome to the Balsam Blog, home in the internet world of the Falkland Islands Protected Areas Project.

I'll be using this blog to let people know what I've been up to and to share bits of useful information I pick up along the way. My project is subtitled 'Co-operative management of biological diversity', so that means you. The project will need your knowledge, concerns and hopes for the future to drive it along, so do contribute.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

California Club- rush Update

Went up to Port North just before Christmas to collect a lamb for our Christmas feast (sorry, vegetarians!) and was happy to hear that the rush is doing well, and has grown and set seed.
It's a small beginning, but the hope is that a stand of California club- rush will develop which will provide a habitat for birds. Landowners Roy and Jodie McGhie are particularly hopeful that black- necked swans will return to the pond.
Marc Block dons the waders again, whilst landowner Roy McGhie offers advice.

It's looking a bit lonely!

2 comments:

  1. Roy and Jodie's lad Tom called the waders "Wellington Trousers", which I will call them for ever more. I'm really pleased to hear the rush is doing well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I great name, I love it

    ReplyDelete